How can our Family Link Officer (FLO) help your family?
Hello, my name is Angela Clark and as well as being a Learning Support Assistant within Solent Infant School, I am also the Family Link Officer (FLO). My role is to support parents and carers to ensure that their children can learn positively and flourish during their time at Solent Infant School.
Everyone has times when they wish someone was there to offer help when they really need it. There can be times in a child’s life when things get in the way of their learning. A child might struggle for a variety of reasons e.g. they might be experiencing feelings of anxiety, anger or worry or loss.
Types of Support our Family Link Officer can offer:
• Support and guidance – a chance to talk through concerns or problems.
• A link between home and school – by working together we can help your child to achieve in their learning.
• Guidance about things which have an effect on how your child gets on at school - behaviour, attendance and punctuality, routines and organisation, relationships.
• Help with concerns about starting school or moving to another school.
• Support and information about how to get further help when necessary.
• Support parents to develop and maintain a positive relationship with the school.
• Help families and children to access services, resources and local community information.
To contact me, please click on the 'Contact Us' tab above and fill in the form